There's a bigger picture you can't see.
You don't have to change the world, just trust in me.
'Cause I am your creator, I am working out my plan,
And through you I will show them, I Am.
As I listened to "I AM" by Ginny Owens this morning, I thought about the testimony of the beautiful daughter of one of the ladies in our Women's group at church.
Only a few weeks after the tragic death of her father, she was invited on a mission trip to Mexico. This trip set the stage for a series of events orchestrated by God to take her by herself at 21 years of age on a later trip to meet a couple serving God in Burkina Faso, Africa. While there, she contracted malaria and was forced to cut her trip short.
After she talked about how they were able to share with those teaching them the language, teach some basic hygiene to those in the villages and worshipwith a group of people without being able to understand anything (now that's worshiping in spirit and truth), she was asked what had inspired her to answer God's call to go.
With the most tender words and glances toward her Mom, she shared how her Mom had single-handedly carried she and her three brothers to church her whole life, despite the efforts on their part to resist. She also shared that, during her teenage and young-adult life, her Mom had "given her the space" to find her own faith and that she just knew in her heart that church was where she belonged.
As I think about all the years that her Mom got up each Sunday morning, got her FOUR children dressed, got them in the car, carried them to church, corraled them after church, got them home, I know that God must have been smiling....because He knew that one day, her daughter would "find her way" to answer His call to go far away to carry His message to people in a small, poor country in Africa.
Yes, there is a bigger picture that we can't see. We must continue to be faithful to what He is calling us to be each day....and through each of us, He will show them that "I AM".
No comments:
Post a Comment