Monday, May 3, 2010

It's the Little Things......

My husband and I returned home last night after a long trip to Missouri and back to Birmingham via Kentucky to drop off my Mom and brother-in-law's mother after my nephew's wedding. On our way home, I had a brief conversation with a friend.  Big Red (a.k.a., Satan), used the topic of this conversation to turn my thoughts to places that I had thought I had left behind over the last couple of weeks.  Interesting, how Satan can take anything and turn it around...I'm convinced he knows our weaknesses and is just waiting to attack.  So, I started praying and asking God to take these thoughts captive (2 Corinthians 10:5).  I must admit that I had to battle thoughts of unworthiness.  I even questioned whether I should "lay low" (meaning, not go to church) for a couple of Sundays...

Then, we got home and I listened to the messages on the answering machine.  There was one from a fellow in our church that simply said, "Just wanted you to know that I missed seeing you today.  With my work schedule, I don't get to come that often, but wanted you to know that I missed you at church."

I have no doubt that my heavenly Father knew exactly what I needed to hear and used this phone call to let me know how much He loves and cares for me (and where my place is suppossed to be).  God connected my heart to this sweet couple in our church a couple of years ago when the husband lost his job.  There's no way to explain the connection except it was an act of God...I was even honored to be part of the ceremony when they recently renewed their wedding vows. 

This is evidence of how much our heavenly Father cares for us and how He will use relationships in our lives to show us His love.....even a little thing like a phone call. 

No comments: