As I listened to the words of Mark 12:43-44 this morning, I realized that I don’t hold a candle to the widow.
I can tell you the truth, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. They gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything-all she had to live on.How long had it been since she lost her husband? How had her lifestyle changed since his death? What was her source of income now? In spite of her situation in life, she was thankful enough to give everything she had to live on. Now that’s real thanksliving and, as we just learned in our Beth Moore study, Believing God, she was practicing present-active-participle believing faith. There’s no doubt that God credited this act of belief as righteousness to her.
The question that God is burning in my heart is “What are you going to believe me for?” How does God want me to put thanksliving into practice?
Dear Lord,
Give me the faith of the poor widow that was thankful enough to give you everything she had to live on. Reveal to me the things that I need to believe you for. Lord, help my unbelief. Amen
No comments:
Post a Comment