Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Overwhelmed by Blessings

Within a very brief conversation with Norman this morning, I became overwhelmed with emotion of the blessings we enjoy-blessings of prosperity, health and family.  I have had many reminders of those blessings in the last few weeks, as I hear stories from others about hardships their family and friends have faced.  A Mother struggling daily to care for her young daughter with cancer, the pain and heartache of realizing your child has a learning disability that went undiagnosed for three years of school and the effects of poverty and illiteracy in a neighboring family are all situations that are very real and personal in my life.

While I am still at a loss to understand why our family is so blessed, I am reminded of the blessing of obedience in Deuteronomy 28:
If you fully obey the Lord your God and carefully follow all his commands I give you today,
The Lord your God will set you high above all the nations on earth.....
The Lord will grant you abundant propserity-in the fruit of your womb, the young of your livestock
 and the crops of your ground-in the land he swore to your forefathers to give you.

Lord, I am incapable of obedience without the surrendering of myself to the work of the Holy Spirit in my life.  Thank you for your inumerable blessings personally and in my family.  Continue to reveal the areas of my life that I need to surrender in obedience to your transforming power.  Amen   

No comments: