I have a hard time moving forward if I don't have a plan. I'm paralyzed and confused unless I have some sense of how I'm going to accomplish those things that lie ahead. If I'm asked to take on a new challenge, it is imperative that I first get a handle on the purpose and how it fits into the "big picture".
Norman and I had a chance to discuss some future plans on a recent roadtrip this past weekend. Even though there wasn't specific decisions made, there was agreement on some steps we are going to take to get our personal things in order. This discussion was precipitated by the sudden death of his brother, Gene.
As I make this a priority in prayer for our family, I know that God will provide the wisdom and guidance we need as we simplify our lives and use the resources that He has so generously provided.
The scripture presented this morning (http://www.pray-as-you-go.org/) was Romans 8:28-30. I'm sure many people struggle with the words in this passage (foreknew, predestined, justified and called), but I see it as an awesome plan that God has laid out for his children.
For those God foreknew (My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. Psalm 139:15), he also presdestined (had a plan) to be conformed to the likeness of His son.
How can we be transformed into the likeness of His son without the saving blood of Jesus?(justification).
C.S. Lewis said it best in Mere Christianity-
"Christ says give me ALL. I don't want so much of your time and so much of your money and so much of your work: I want You. I have not come to torment your natural self, but to kill it. No half-measures are any good. I don't want to cut off a branch here and a branch there. I want to have the whole tree down. The moment you put yourself in MY hands, that is what you are in for. Nothing less, or other, than that. You have free will, and if you choose, you can push Me away. But if you do not push Me away, understand that I am going to see this job through.
Whatever suffering it may cost you in your earthly life, whatever inconceivable purification it may cost you after death, whatever it costs Me, I will never rest, not let you rest, until you are literaly perfect-until my Father can say without reservations that He is well pleased with you, as He said He was well pleased with me. This I can do and will do. But I will not do anything less."
Lord, please help me surrender myself to the plan that you have already laid out so that I will be transformed into your image so that others can see Your glory.Amen
No comments:
Post a Comment