How can I account for this generation? The people have been like spoiled children whining to their parents, 'We wanted to skip rope, and you were always too tired; we wanted to talk, but you were always to busy'....Opinion polls don't count for much, do they? The proof of the pudding is in the eating. Matthew 11:16-19 The Message
As I come to this passage this morning, I am challenged to ask myself, "How have I tried to manipulate my relationship with God?" Many times I have come to Him, expecting, demanding that He "fix" something. I realize that putting expectations on my relationship with God misses the whole point.
Reading through Mulholland's book, Shaped by the Word, I am challenged to come to the scripture (His Living Word) as "realizing the text as the matrix of our entrance into relationsip with God, as the context of our opening ourselves to God in loving, responsive yieldedness, and as the environment in which God meets us in vital, transforming relationship and begin the work of speaking us forth to be God's word in the world."
It's not about what I want or think I should be, but what God can be in and through me for the world....yielding myself to His transforming work through His Holy Spirit living in me.
To hear with my heart, to see with my soul
To be guided by a hand I cannot hold
To trust in a way that I cannot see
That's what faith must be
That's What Faith Must Be, Michael Card
No comments:
Post a Comment