As I reflected on that dream this morning, I was reminded of the words of one of my favorite songs, Gentle Savior by David Phelps. There is no doubt that God is speaking to me through the dream and the words of the song.
Why can’t I walk away from my regretsTurning around to return to a "dirty house" will only be futile..I must surrender any thoughts of looking back on my journey toward the cross.
And why is forgiveness so hard to accept.
My past surrounds me like a house I can’t afford.
But You say, "Come with me; don’t live there anymore".
The psalmist said it the best...
Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
Now, that's the place I want to live....
Dear Lord, Help me to see how futile and uncomfortable it is to live in a house with all of our wordly "furniture and filth". Your promise of being with you forever in the house of the Lord is more than we can fathom. Thank you for the grace, mercy and forgiveness that allows us to leave that earthly house and move-in to a house full of Your love.
Immanuel, God with us! Amen
No comments:
Post a Comment