As I continue to listen to the Stations of the Cross @ http://www.pray-as-you-go.org/ , the scripture in Luke 22:54-62 describes the scene in which Peter denies Jesus at the house of the high priest. Verse 54 recounts how Peter followed "at a distance" those that seized Jesus and were taking him to the house. Peter had just testified to his devotion to Jesus in the guest room at the Last Supper, "I am ready to go with ou to prison and to death." Of course, Jesus already knew of Peter's denial and said as much after Peter's statement of devotion.
While before the Lord, I confess my devotion and love, but do I follow from a distance when others are ready to mock him?
Thank you, most loving and holy Lord, that despite my failings to stand with you, You still love and care for me as my Holy Father. Help me to be bold through the power of the Holy Spirit and share Your love with those that are hurting...despite the costs or accusations. You are, Immanuel, God with us...Amen
No comments:
Post a Comment