As I begin this Holy Week, I am listening to the Stations of the Cross devotionals on http://www.pray-as-you-go.org/. As I begin the First Station, The Arrest of Jesus, I am challenged to think about where I would fit in the crowd that was present at Jesus's arrest (Mark 14:43-51). There was the twelve (including Judas), a crowd armed with swords and clubs and the young man wearing nothing but a linen garment.
I am fascinated by the young man wearing only a linen garment that flees naked when Jesus is seized.
I tend to think that I might be that young man, dedicated to following Jesus, showing the world that I have sacrificed for Him ("Look at me, I'm only wearing this linen garment...I've given up so much"). But then, as Jesus is arrested, he leaves the sacrifice behind and flees.....
Dear Lord, as I continue my journey toward the cross this Holy Week, help me to be faithful to that which you have called me. Despite what I will face on this earth, help me to continue to stand with you, relying on the power of the Holy Spirit to strengthen and encourage me. Immanuel-God with us! Amen
No comments:
Post a Comment