When Mary went to the tomb, grief overtook her. We know that from the scriptures and also from the statement by the angels that were in the tomb. In fact, I think she was so overcome with grief that she mistook Jesus for the gardener. I'm curious about that...was it because of the difference in his appearance or was it because of her state of mind? It wasn't until He spoke her name that she recognized him....the sheep follow him because they know his voice (John 10:4). Then, instead of allowing Mary to continue in her grief, Jesus gave her a call to action. Reading Mary's first words gives me chill bumps, "I have seen the Lord".
I believe that this passage has huge implications for God's church at Faith. No more weeping and grieving over what may happen-He has given us a call to action...Love God, Love Others and Share God's Love.
Dear Lord, Help us to hear your call to God's church at Faith (and the individual call to each of us). Give us the same excitement as Mary when she said, "I have seen the Lord"! You are Immanuel-God with us! Amen
No comments:
Post a Comment