On a quiet, cool Saturday morning, I listened and then read the passage of scripture from John 21:1-14. I wonder what was going through the minds of those fishermen when they had fished all night and then someone who they didn't even recognize suggested that they throw their net over the right side to catch fish. No grumbling, no "he doesn't know what he's talking about, they just did it. Was it because in their desire to catch fish, they would try anything or did "this man" have a voice of authority?
Immediately after "the catch", Jesus was recognized by "the disciple whom Jesus loved.
Can I tune my heart and mind to hear the direction of Jesus in my life? Will I be obedient to Him?
Dear Lord, in the quiet of this morning, just like it was on that morning at the Sea of Galilee, help me to hear your voice directing me to the unexpected abundance you have for me....just when it seems hopeless after exahustive efforts...your faithfulness shines through. Help me to take the time following that abundance to sit and share those blessings in your presence, just like this group of fishermen did around the fire. You are Immanuel, God with us! Amen
No comments:
Post a Comment