Monday, December 28, 2009

Just a Few Words....

The things we truly believe emerge day-to-day. It’s the conflicts over who makes the coffee, who cleans up the mess, who gets to go home early, or who gets the biggest piece of pie that test whether it is Christ who lives in us or if we’re still saying, “It is I who live.”
Growing with Purpose: Connecting with God Every Day, by Jon Walker

While I've had one of the best Advent seasons I can remember, Big Red is working hard to divert my attention to one small statement that I read on a facebook post. 

I've struggled over the last couple of years with feelings of being left-out of gatherings or events with people that I considered as friends. Those struggles have resulted in many sessions in prayers of forgiveness as well as lessons learned about being friends with those that might feel the same as I.  As a result of my prayers, God has sent people to me that have filled my heart with love and compassion in ways I could never imagine.

Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.  Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throught the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings.  1 Peter 5:6
Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes.  Ephesians 6:11

So, as I begin this day, I will declare that God orders my day and is in control of my schedule. And, that Big Red will not win by using words to divert my attention (he is always scheming in ways that infuriate me once recognized)!

Thank you, Lord, that you have won the victory over evil. Thank you that we are not fighting flesh and blood (each other) but our struggles are with the evil one and that we have, with the sacrifice of Your Son, Jesus, the means to overcome.  Help us to relinquish control of our lives (schedules) to those things that you would have us do. Amen

No comments: