Wednesday, December 16, 2009

So, what present do I give Jesus?

I have been challenged to be more intentional about preparing my heart for Jesus during this Advent season. Over the past several weeks, He has been faithful in answering my prayer to give me opportunities to share His love.  As I review each day at night before I drift off to sleep, I have been blessed by recounting the day's activities and those times that were clearly orchestrated by God in response to my prayers.  Spending the night with a friend going through a divorce, a precious conversation with a elderly lady as she recounts some  memories of a friend that has just passed away and an opportunity to serve a group of ladies that are not in my circle of friends are just a few of those opportunities that have come my way.

As Christmas day quickly approaches and I finish my shopping for family and friends, I am challenged this morning to give thought and listen to what will be MY gift to Him. As only God can do, I am led to the following passage in Micah 6:6-8

With what shall I come before the Lord and bow down before the exalted God?  Shall I come before him with burnt offerings, with calves a year old?  Will the Lord be pleased with thousands of rams, with ten thousand rivers of oil?  Shall I offer my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?  He has showed you, O man, what is good.  And what does the Lord require of you?

To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.  

After giving my heart to Jesus forty-four years ago, I will ask Him to help me offer these three as my gift to Him this Advent season. 

No comments: